Guest groups desiring to use Twin Pines' facilities must subscribe to our chartered purpose and statement of faith as set forth below.
Twin Pines shall be established and maintained for the express purpose of providing a place for the education and enlightenment of people of all ages in a camp setting. The ongoing program of the camp shall provide ample opportunities for mental, physical, spiritual, and social growth so as to promote love of God, home, and country. Care should be given to maintaining the natural setting of the property in keeping with sound ecological practices, Twin Pines shall be a purely public charity with all proceeds, monies, properties (real and capital) and any and all assets designated to be used solely for the aformentioned purposes of the organization.
In all cases, guest groups shall agree to uphold basic Biblical standards which are in keeping with the tenets of the Evangelical Congregational Church, with whom Twin Pines is affiliated. The following is what we believe and is the basis for all teaching through the various programs and ministries of Twin Pines. It is also our intent that all persons and groups involved in any way with Twin Pines programs and/or facilities will subscribe to this statement of faith.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin Birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death on the cross through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal physical return in power and glory.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life of power and victory over sin.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
In the spirit of Luke 17:1-2, "Things that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come. It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin." Our ministry does not condone the use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco. We believe and teach that premarital sex and homosexuality are in violation of God's Word (1Corinthians 6:9-10). In everything we do, our purpose is to glorify Christ and honor His Word.
Our Background is German Methodist (Pennsylvania Dutch)!!!